NOAA’s Central Region Collaboration Team Members
About the Team
Central Region Team members represent the diversity of programs within the region, provide expertise and connections to address regional challenges, exchange insights from both headquarters and field perspectives, and improve the understanding of NOAA’s broad mission and regional capabilities. To learn more about the team’s work, check out the Central Region Collaboration Team 2016 Report.
NOAA Regional Team Members:
- Lisa Darby, Earth Systems Research Lab – A collection of laboratories combined to pursue a broad and comprehensive understanding of the Earth system.
- Dave Hintz, Meteorologist-in-Charge, Rapid City, SD, National Weather Service Central Region - Provides information, forecasts, and warnings.
- Doug Kluck, Central Region Director, Climate Services - A single point-of-entry for NOAA’s extensive collection of climate data and information in the region.
- John Ogren, NWS Acting Chief Learning Officer and Director, NWS Training Center - Providing training to NOAA/NWS employees in the areas of management, meteorology, hydrology, equipment maintenance, and system support.
- Wendy Pearson, Deputy Chief of Hydrologic Services , NOAA’s NWS Central Region - Supporting delivery of critical water resource information and forecasts through the NOAA Hydrologic Partners* to protect lives and property and enhance the national economy.
- Keli Pirtle, Public Affairs Specialist - Provides media and special events support to the five NOAA Weather Partners** organizations focused on severe weather research, forecasting and support located in Norman, OK.
- Steve Buan, Service Coordination Hydrologist, North Central River Forecast Center - The North Central River Forecast Center (NCRFC) is part of a network of thirteen River Forecast Centers across the United States.
- Lans Rothfusz, National Severe Storm Laboratory - One of NOAA’s internationally known Environmental Research Laboratories, improving the leadtime and accuracy of severe weather warnings and forecasts in order to save lives and reduce property damage.
- Dianne Suess, Space Weather Prediction Center - Provides space weather alerts, watches and warnings to protect the Nation’s critical infrastructure
- Natalie Umphlett, Interim Director, High Plains Regional Climate Center - A Regional Climate Center working with NCDC to provide real-time and historical climate data and products.
Bethany Perry, Regional Coordinator