What We Do
What We Do
NOAA’s Regional Collaboration effort comprises a flexible network that promotes coordination of NOAA’s diverse assets within regions and collaboration with external partners to respond to stakeholders’ shared regional concerns. Regional Collaboration Teams are led by Executive Oversight Group-selected Regional Team Leads, assisted by full-time Regional Coordinators.
Regional Collaboration Teams:
- Engage regional partners, stakeholders, and customers on NOAA’s behalf to understand needs, foster dialogue regarding products and services, and build and maintain relationships;
- Maintain a broad understanding of regional activities and capabilities to facilitate collaboration among NOAA entities and partners in the region to address national and regional priorities; and
- Synthesize regional trends, needs, and capabilities; and make recommendations on integrated solutions to achieve NOAA’s mission priorities.
Vision and Goals
Vision: Integrated services meeting the evolving demands of regional stakeholders
Success in this effort will be measured by NOAA’s ability to advance the work of the agency towards these goals:
- Continually and adequately assessed stakeholder needs for NOAA science, service, and stewardship;
- Integrated products and services tailored to the needs of NOAA’s regional stakeholders and customers;
- Organizational responsiveness to stakeholder needs through the evaluation of and adjustments to products and services;
- Two-way communication with regional stakeholders, including regional governance initiatives, to build understanding, trust, and partnerships; and
- A workforce operating with shared awareness and understanding of its cross-agency missions and capabilities.